My question when setting up a application server of kerberos

lizhong lizhong at ncic.ac.cn
Wed Jul 19 10:49:35 EDT 2006

Hi all,
    I am a beginner of kerberos. I am trying to set up a application server,
which offers kerberized services to users. I have three machines. The server
gcnode028 is used as the KDC; the server gcnode021 is used as the
application server; the machine gcnode029 is used as a client.

    On the KDC, I created the principal of gcnode021:
    kadmin: add_principal test/gcnode021

    And created a keytab file on the KDC for the application server:
    kadmin: ktadd test/gcnode021

    Then I use command scp to send the keytab file to gcnode021(the
application server) as /etc/krb5.keytab

    At last, I changed the /etc/xinetd.conf file like this, and restarted
the xinetd service:
#
# Simple configuration file for xinetd
#
# Some defaults, and include /etc/xinetd.d/

defaults
{
        instances               = 60
        log_type                = SYSLOG authpriv
        log_on_success          = HOST PID
        log_on_failure          = HOST
        cps                     = 25 30
}
Service telnet
{
        Socket_type=strem
        protocol=tcp
        wait=no
        user=root
        server=/usr/kerberos/sbin/telnetd
}
includedir /etc/xinetd.d

    I tried to use telnet to connect the gcnode021 from the gcnode029 like
this:
[root at gcnode021 ~]# telnet gcnode029
Trying 192.168.10.29...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.10.29: Connection refused

    So what is the problem? Thank you!

--
Lizhong
lizhong <mailto:lizhong at ncic.ac.cn> @ncic.ac.cn