KfW 2.6 and NT Domains

Sensei senseiwa at mac.com
Fri Jul 14 13:13:17 EDT 2006

Hi!

I'm back on 2.6 for production machines, but now I'm working on some
testing XP clients. These clients are joined to a NT domain (a Samba 3
NT domain) with roaming profile. Samba username and password match the
corresponding MIT principal.

I expected to have an integrated logon gaining the kerberos ticket as
if it were a local user, but unfortunately, leash comes up asking for
principal and password.

Moreover, there's a weird behavior. The AFS integrated logon works like
a charm gaining the token for a user without any password, both a local
one and a NT domain user with a roaming profile. Still leash doesn't
show any ticket, but only the AFS token. Note that I'm not running
kaserver, but a pure MIT KDC.

Am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks to anyone!

--
Sensei <senseiwa at mac.com>

The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears it is true.      [J. Robert Oppenheimer]