Questions on Kerberos

sayali k sayali_s_kulkarni at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jul 7 12:36:12 EDT 2006

Hi all,
  Can someone please guide me in understanding the use of the function gss_krb5_ccache_name?

  I have a user name and password for a specific user and want to generate a temporary ticket for the user (whcih i store in the memory) and then swicth the context to that ticket and then acquire the credentials for the user (using gss_acquire_cred call - which i can modify to handle memory based tickets).

  Thanks a lot for all the help in advance.

  Best Regards,
  Sayali

"Christopher D. Clausen" <cclausen at acm.org> wrote:
  Joseph Kuan wrote:
> 1. I notice that some of the kerberos (windows authentication) packets
> have principal with dollar sign character at the end. Also the
> principal
> is not the user name, it is actually the hostname. What does it mean?

Those are the principals for machine or computer accounts.

> 2. I am trying to measure the response time of windows login. For a
> windows login, can I assume the time taken from AS-REQ/REP to the
> first TGS-REQ/REP ?

seems reasonable to me.

<--
Christopher D. Clausen