Newbie question - authenticating a service ticket on the server

Sudarshan Lakshminarasimhan sudarshan.tech at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 05:31:36 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I just started reading about kerberos and trying it. I have a user who was
authenticated using kinit.
I also have a service which I authenticated with KDC using a keytab file.

I used kinit -S host/someservice at realm  -P  user at realm to get a service
ticket for the user using the user's TGT.
If I now send this to the server, how do I get this service ticket to be
authenticated on the server using the server's TGT ?
Basically I guess I want to kerberize my server but am unsure how to
authenticate the incoming service ticket.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Sudarshan