krb5kdc: No profile open - while reading realm parameters

sriram karthikeyan sriram.karthikeyan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:13:54 EST 2006

hi all,
iam a student from india and i've been working with the kerberos source
distribution as aprt of my
Btech project. I have to configure Kerberos in my lab. But unfortunately
after making all the neccesary changes to the config files when i try to run
the daemon krb5kdc i get the following error

*krb5kdc: No profile open - while reading realm parameters*
**
however my kadmin daemon runs fine. As a result of this iam unable to
perform ticket exchanges.ould someone plz help me out with this problem

Thank you