SSH issue

Marcel Koopmans marcel.koopmans at elysium-os.nl
Tue Jan 17 13:24:26 EST 2006

Hello Klaas,

hephaestus runs MacOSX 10.4.4 so the /etc/krb5.conf file is named
/Library/Preferences/edu.mit.Kerberos but it looks ok

[libdefaults]
  default_realm = HOME.ELYSIUM-OS.NL

[realms]
  HOME.ELYSIUM-OS.NL = {
    kdc = zeus.home.elysium-os.nl:88
    admin_server = zeus.home.elysium-os.nl:749
    default_domain = home.elysium-os.nl
  }

[domain_realm]
  home.elysium-os.nl = HOME.ELYSIUM-OS.NL
  .home.elysium-os.nl = HOME.ELYSIUM-OS.NL

On zeus /etc/krb5.conf also looks ok

[libdefaults]
  default_realm = HOME.ELYSIUM-OS.NL

[realms]
  HOME.ELYSIUM-OS.NL = {
    kdc = kerberos.home.elysium-os.nl:88
    admin_server = kerberos.home.elysium-os.nl:749
    default_domain = home.elysium-os.nl
  }

[domain_realm]
  home.elysium-os.nl = HOME.ELYSIUM-OS.NL
  .home.elysium-os.nl = HOME.ELYSIUM-OS.NL

[logging]
  kdc = FILE:/var/log/kerberos.log
  admin_server = FILE:/var/log/kerberos.log
  default = FILE:/var/log/kerberos.log

In the logfile og the KDC it shows

Jan 17 19:16:48 zeus krb5kdc[2170](info): TGS_REQ (7 etypes {18 17 16 23
1 3 2}) 172.20.1.5: UNKNOWN_SERVER: authtime 1137492150,
marcel at HOME.ELYSIUM-OS.NL for krbtgt/ELYSIUM-OS.NL at HOME.ELYSIUM-OS.NL,
Server not found in Kerberos database

I do not get a ticket for zeus.
If server zeus is unknown that why does it work just fine from hades??
If there is something wrong on hephaestus whay does ssh to hades work??

with kind regards,
    Marcel