krb5-1.4.3 and Solaris 2.5.1

Batty, Richard richard.batty at logicacmg.com
Tue Jan 17 08:42:02 EST 2006

I'm having problems getting krb5-1.4.3 to compile on Solaris 2.5.1 using gcc 3.4.2.

The first problem I hit were complaints about the inttypes.h set of headers, so I took these off a 2.6 server as I couldn't find them anywhere on the 2.5.1 media. I then had to change the uint_32 to be unassigned long rather than unassigned int.

However now I'm a little stuck...

When making the lib/rpc/unit-test
I get the following error

/usr/local/bin/gcc -L../../../lib -R/usr/local/lib -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wcast-qual  -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wshadow -pedantic -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -o client client.o rpc_test_clnt.o \
        -lgssrpc -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lkrb5support  -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl
__register_frame_info               /usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1/3.4.2/crtbegin.o  (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1)
__deregister_frame_info             /usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1/3.4.2/crtbegin.o  (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to client
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `client'

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Richard Batty