Requires HW Auth

Frank Lonigro franco at bu.edu
Wed Jan 11 16:14:30 EST 2006

	I have searched the Kerberos 5 code and searched the Web for answers
on how to setup our Kerberos 5 environment to utilize hardware authentication,
but I have had no luck.

	For instance, we have SecurID cards.  It is our understanding that
Kerberos 5 can be setup and configured so that at login time, a user who is
required to use hw_auth, will be prompted to enter their SecurID code as well
as enter their Kerberos password.  There are other possible hardware
authentication methods of which SecurID is one.

	I would like someone to explain in detail how to configure/setup
our Kerberos 5 to use any of the hardware authentication methods, but focusing
in on SecurID would be a start.

	What files need to be edited and what goes in them?  Will I need to
re-compile the Kerberos binaries?  I need details with examples.

	Please help!!

	It is very sad that this procedure isn't documented any where!

Thanks,
-Frank [ franco at bu.edu ]