Year 2142 problem...

Jeremy Thomas Hunt jeremyh at optimation.com.au
Thu Jan 5 04:35:07 EST 2006

I repeat my question, ... is the server's date set to 2142 as well?

If the server and the client's times are out by more than the "specified
maximum clock skew of the KDC", which by default is 5 minutes, then you
will not be able to get a Kerberos ticket.

See
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/krb5-1.4/krb5-1.4.3/doc/krb5-admin/Clock-Skew.html
for more details.