Kerberos authentication over HTTP on proxy

Sunil Parolia Sunil_Parolia at symantec.com
Thu Jan 5 08:02:46 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm new to authentication Realm so I apologize if this is too basic Qs.

Is user authentication at proxy possible at all for HTTP negotiate
mechanism? On googling I found some pointers which say that its not
possible.

In current implementation ( BASIC) user has to maintain 2 password, one
for login to corporate domain and another for http( not HTTPS) access.
Can we use digest/NTLM authentication mechanism ( not the basic because
of inherent weakness) for this scenario, so that user can use the same
corporate AD password for HTTP access?

Thanks,
Sunil Parolia