Problem with kerberos and ssh.

Eric eric at nospam.org
Tue Feb 28 09:32:51 EST 2006

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Perhaps your ssh was built with one libgss and is linking to another.
>
> Jeffrey Altman

	I would have asked what other libgss could there possibly be.  But then
someone on the openssh mailing list pointed out that I should just
bypass the libgssapi-0.7 stuff entirely - up until that point the
thought never even entered my head that libgssapi_krb5 provides all of
the same functionality, and that other stupid thing wasn't even needed.
  My guess is that all of these problems simply go away if I bypass that
thing.

	I don't think it is a matter of building against one lib and linking
against the other - the libgssapi-0.7 thing essentially dynamically
loads libgssapi_krb5 and constructs a function table.  It does some
additional work but for the most part simply calls through.  I just
assumed that this was how libgssapi_krb5 was always used.  When I
stepped the thing in the debugger, the problem was simply that it was
passing back a union_name thing, which in turn was getting passed into
gss_export_name, and this is what caused the problem.