my problem

Sensei senseiwa at mac.com
Fri Feb 24 14:54:22 EST 2006

On 2006-02-23 10:32:43 +0100, esnaashari at pasargad.cse.shirazu.ac.ir
("zoha esnaasahri") said:

> Dear Sir
> Should I completly configure and install kerberos(according to
> install-guide) on my linux samba server(mandrake 10.1) to authenticate
> users against windows 2003 active directory?
> I have already installed and configured samba with winbind on my linux box.
> I also don't know what changes I should make in my windows AD server(DC).
> It would be very nice if someone can help me.
> With best regards.

No, samba uses AD directly, no need for kerberos except if you need
other kerberized services.

If you need help, the samba mailing list is a good place to start. The
mails you'll receive are quite a lot, so take care.

--
Sensei <senseiwa at mac.com>

Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently
programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest. (Isaac Asimov)