Oracle Advanced Security Option and Kerberos

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer at uncc.edu
Fri Feb 24 11:44:05 EST 2006

At 11:15 AM 2/24/2006, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
>I am looking for other Kerberos sites that use Oracle with or without the ASO
>who would like to see the ASO improved. I would also be interested to know if
>you have approached Oracle on improvements, and what was their response.

We've been using Kerberized Oracle for over a year now without problems,
although we did have some initial problems getting everything working,
specifically the KRB5CCNAME issue you mentioned, and not being able to use
MITs kinit.  As for improvements it would be nice if it was fully MIT
compatible as well as Microsoft's SSPI.

Rodney

Rodney M. Dyer
Windows Systems Programmer
Mosaic Computing Group
William States Lee College of Engineering
Email: rmdyer at uncc.edu
Web: http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~rmdyer
Phone: (704)687-3518
Help Desk Line: (704)687-3150
FAX: (704)687-2352
Office:  Cameron Applied Research Center, Room 232