information about Kerberos error of KRB_ERR_RESPONSE_TOO_BIG.??

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Thu Feb 23 09:23:01 EST 2006

KRB_ERR_RESPONSE_TOO_BIG is sent by the Windows KDC when the number of
groups to which the requested principal belongs results in a PAC,
Microsoft's authorization data structure, that when added to the
Kerberos ticket results in the the ticket being larger than the current
IP MTU size.   The error is an indication to the Kerberos client that
the client should switch to TCP instead of UDP.

Jeffrey Altman