multiple realm membership

Randy Turner rturner at amalfisystems.com
Thu Feb 16 17:29:15 EST 2006

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

In my original email, it might sound like I'm confusing hosts with
users, but I'm not. In my use case scenarios, the device itself has
credentials in multiple types of security realms(domains) [Krb5, PKI,
legacy username/password, etc.] so when I mix these two metaphors
together it's because I'm using devices and end-users in exactly the
same way. A device (host) is a user.

This device/host product is also an embedded product - running Linux
or VxWorks, depending on the product SKU. We have ported MIT-
Kerberos, Cyrus-SASL, and OpenSSL, among other things, so that it
runs on VxWorks as well as Unix/Linux variants. I'm not sure I can
use "rlogind" (as is) in my vxworks build, as you proposed in your
email below.

Also, I understand I can parse out the realm name from the overall
principal spec in the ticket, but I thought I had to know what keytab
entry to use to decrypt the ticket in order to get the principal name
(chicken and egg thing). I couldn't remember if the entire principal
string was available to me in unencrypted form.

Thanks,
Randy