kerberos+sasl+openldap

ATijssen@Ram.nl ATijssen at Ram.nl
Wed Feb 15 03:33:58 EST 2006

Hi,

I recently started to install a central authentication server with
openldap, kerberos, sasl etc on a test server for starters. I installed
kerberos, but when I try to start kinit it returns an error stating:

kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while
getting initial credentials

The server where kerberos is installed does not have a DNS entry, which
causes the problem I assume. Is it possible to cicrcumvent this? Since
this is in testing phase I was hoping to get kinit started and kerberos
without adding an entry into the DNS. If this is possible how to proceed?

Thnx,
Arnoud