Getting Service Ticket..

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Wed Feb 15 14:08:22 EST 2006

zaheerabbas at condornetworks.com wrote:

> hello this is zaheer here.. i am a bit confused like how to get service ticket
> after obtaining the TGT using GSS & Jaas API, cuold any one let me know about
> the same.I did not understand how to send the TGT to the server.

The GSS libraries will handle using the TGT to get a service ticket. They
will send the TGT to the KDC, and get a service ticket, The libraries will
then use this to authenticate to the server. You should never have to
deal with the Kerberos ticket, that is the point of using a
Generic Security Service.