Shall I capture Kerberos-password failure error message ALONE?

Surendra Babu A surendra.a at samsung.com
Thu Feb 2 02:28:28 EST 2006

Hi Kerbros Team,

If I enter the wrong passowrd at KDc client, the KDC server gives the response of PREAUTH_FAULRE error. Right?

1. Is there anyway, i can get password failure error message? Is it true that
"Password verification will be done before sending preauth failure message?"

2. Can I capture the error message of password failure alone (regardless of preauth failure error?) That means, if I enter the wrong password, the KDC server should reply with error. If I enter correct password, KDC should respond with SUCCESS message (without considering the preauth failure error). Is it possible with krb5 code?

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.
-Surendra