Validation with Kerberos 5, SAP, Solaris, SNC for SSO

Tim Alsop Tim.Alsop at CyberSafe.Com
Fri Dec 22 11:09:08 EST 2006

Eugene,

If you would like a supported, working, and SAP Certified product which
uses Kerberos, and is fully supported for use with all available
versions of Active Directory, and SAP products then please check
http://www.cybersafe.com/links/snc.htm.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like to undertake
a free evaluation of the above mentioned product.

Happy Christmas.

Take care,
Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: kerberos-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:kerberos-bounces at mit.edu] On
Behalf Of Eugeny Kraynukov
Sent: 22 December 2006 15:55
To: kerberos at mit.edu
Subject: Validation with Kerberos 5, SAP, Solaris, SNC for SSO

* We want to install Single Sign on functionality for SAP, with
BC-SNC, Kerberos 5 and Active
** Directory, but when we configure SNC in SAP with kerberos we have a
validation error as soon as
** start SAP.
** Notice:
** We have installed SAP over Solaris which has Kerberos 5, the
library that we are using is
** libgssapi_krb5.so.
** The domain controllers of the AD are Windows 2003.
**
** The configuration seems to be ok, we create the accounts in the AD
(Solaris server account
** "hostname"), however when SAP starts we FIND the
** following
** error:
**
*SncInit(): Initializing Secure Network Communication (SNC)
N        Solaris on x86_64 CPU (st,ascii,SAP_UC/size_t/void* = 16/64/64)
N  SncInit():   found snc/data_protection/max=1, using 1 (Authentication
Level)
N  SncInit():   found snc/data_protection/min=1, using 1 (Authentication
Level)
N  SncInit():   found snc/data_protection/use=1, using 1 (Authentication
Level)
N  SncInit(): found  snc/gssapi_lib=/usr/lib/gss/snckrb5.so
N    File "/usr/lib/gss/snckrb5.so" dynamically loaded as SNC-Adapter.
N    The Adapter identifies as:
N    External SNC-Adapter (Rev 1.0) to Kerberos 5/GSS-API v2
N  *** ERROR => SncPGSSImportName()==SNCERR_GSSAPI  [sncxxall.c 2637]
N        GSS-API(maj): A supplied name was of an unsupported type
N      Import of a name failed
N      name="p:host/saphost.xxx.xx.xx at XXX.XX.XX"
N  <<- SncInit()==SNCERR_GSSAPI
N           sec_avail = "false"
M  ***LOG R19=> ThSncInit, SncInitU ( SNC-000004) [thxxsnc.c    230]
M  *** ERROR => ThSncInit: SncInitU (SNCERR_GSSAPI) [thxxsnc.c    232]
M  in_ThErrHandle: 1
M  *** ERROR => SncInitU (step 1, th_errno 44, action 3, level 1)
[thxxhead.c   10126]*
**
** I can't find any information for the error code.
** Could you please help me with this problem?
**
** Thanks in advance!*