kadmin problem

scotty adams scotty.adams at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 20 03:51:27 EST 2006

Hi Edward,

I am really thankful for your reply.
I am new in the field of KERBEROS and I don't know much about it, i went over some white papers that i have found on the net with no luck i have always been stuck everywhere.
I cleaned everything from the begining and i urgently need your help to make this work, since it a project that i have to deliver within a week or so.
i have a solaris 9 machine and a windows 2003 machine. My project is to enable Windows Desktop SSO and it requires KERBEROS authentication and i am stuch there.
If you may help me to set the realms and whatsover because i have been seeking alot yet came out with nothing.
After i erased the principal.db and created it from the beginning and followed some steps..
the klist command showed the following:
klist: No credentials cache file found while setting cache flags(ticket cache /tmpklist: No credentials cache file found while setting cache flags(ticket cache /tmp/cachnew)
I know that i can create the cachefile with the
kinit -c <cachefile>
but how can it be created alone.
Please advise me how to set all these specially realms.
I appreciate your help.

Regards,
Scotty

Edward Murrell <edward at dlconsulting.com> wrote: Hi Scotty,

The problem sounds like the Kerberos realms are different on each
machine, rather than the hosts name.

What is the default realm for the kdc and the client machine? Also, if
you do a klist before running kadmin, what realm does it list?

Regards
Edward Murrell
edward at dlconsulting.com