Active Directory --> Java web app

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Dec 18 12:11:28 EST 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:59:08 +0200
"Bruce Stewart" <BruceS at nsfas.org.za> wrote:

> We're using jcifs to implement SSO using with Kerberos (version 1.2.9 released in september 2006) (with Tomcat on Windows and Linux).
> 1.2.9 was released with a warning (QUOTE: "This package has been reported to work by several users however the code has not been examined carefully by jCIFS maintainers and therefore should be considered highly experimental").
> Confusingly...I've just checked....the latest release (1.2.11) does not include the SPENGO classes.

jcifs-krb5 was contributed externally and based on jcifs-ext. It uses
jcifs-ext's spnego classes to do Kerberos CIFS authentication. jcifs-ext
includes an SpnegoFilter so using that probably would have been more
direct. Note that neither jcifs-ext or jcifs-krb5 are supported by The
JCIFS Team (at least not by me).

Mike

--
Michael B Allen