pam-krb5 2.6 released

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Thu Dec 14 13:58:22 EST 2006

Russ,

I have a setup where I have two domains with trust and would like to have
users from either domain to login to my Unix machine to applications which
can't use GSSAPI so I need to use pam_krb5 to have some form of SSO. My Unix
system is in DOMAIN1.COM which is configured to be the default domain in
krb5.conf . I configured pam (on Solaris 2.8) as follows:

#authentication
other auth sufficient      pam_krb5-2.6.so.1 minimum_uid=100 debug
other auth sufficient      pam_krb5-2.6.so.1 minimum_uid=100
realm=DOMAIN2.COM use_first_pass debug
other auth required       pam_unix.so.1 try_first_pass debug
# account
other account sufficient   pam_krb5-2.6.so.1 minimum_uid=100 debug
other account sufficient   pam_krb5-2.6.so.1 minimum_uid=100
realm=DOMAIN2.COM debug
other account required    pam_unix.so.1 debug
# session
other session required     pam_default.so.1 debug

The problem I have is that despite setting the realm to DOMAIN2.COM the
system always tries to connect to kdcs of DOMAIN1.COM never DOMAIN2.COM
despite getting an unknown user from DOMAIN1 for users of DOMAIN2 as it
should be. It seems that the kerberos context of the first
pam_sm_authenticate call is still used for the second despite changing the
realm.

Thanks
Markus

BTW  Is it intention to use different defines for the below ?

# grep KRB5_GET_INIT *.[ch]
config.h:/* #undef HAVE_KRB5_GET_INIT_OPT_SET_DEFAULT_FLAGS */
support.c:#ifdef HAVE_KRB5_GET_INIT_CREDS_OPT_SET_DEFAULT_FLAGS
#

news:871wnnyy8j.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu...