Failed KDC as a result of Squid.

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 31 15:22:16 EDT 2006

On Aug 31, 2006, at 14:56, Evan Vittitow wrote:
> I recently added a Squid server to my network, and for some reason, my
> KDC is on the fritz.

Did you maybe change the network configuration to force all web
traffic to be re-routed through squid?
And maybe use port 88 instead of (or in addition to) port 80 in the
change?
Or do you carry Kerberos traffic or port 80?

> Here are some errors.
> kprop: Decrypt integrity check failed while getting initial ticket
> This happens while attempting to propogate to a slave KDC

This should have nothing to do with http or port 80, unless there's
something strange in your setup.  Likewise with the ssh and samba
problems.

Ken