kadmin on windows

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Wed Aug 23 21:37:32 EDT 2006

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Danny Mayer wrote:
>> Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>>> If you choose to to port kadmin to Windows as a native application,
>>> please contribute the revisions to MIT as many other people would
>>> like to see this work done as well.
>>>
>>> Jeffrey Altman
>>>
>> Do you have any reason to believe that it would be hard to do?
>>
>> Danny
>
> I have no reason to believe it would be any harder that porting
> any other UNIX library to Win32.
>
> Jeffrey Altman

Then it should be easy. However, I did find that when I had to build KfW
3.0 from source so I could have debug versions I found the Windows
sources either had bugs in the code or there were files missing,
particularly the Makefile.* and the Makefile code that generated the zip
sources had missing directories. I'd be happy to make the fixes
available to MIT though with KfW 3.1 in beta it may be better to start
with that.

I can build kadmin using VS 6.0 or VS 2005 whichever you prefer though I
seem to remember VS 6.0 had some problems mainly relating to network
include files. I decided against bothering with VS 2003. How would I get
this into the source tree?

Danny