Kerberos Digest, Vol 44, Issue 32

Jason Mogavero chemhead at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 00:20:57 EDT 2006

The lightbulb kind of came on about that after I sent off that email.  Your
clarification certainly helped cement that.  I'm going to be using
samba/winbind to provide authorization and access to local priveleges.

Just a question, though, I have one account in the non-windows KDC that can
log into the ssh server via gssapi and it does not have a .k5login file in
it's home directory...does this work because I have a user principal in the
non-windows KDC?  If I were to add user accounts for the Active Directory as
principals to the non-windows KDC, would the behavior be the same?  What I
want to avoid is having to create home directories on all of our servers for
our tech support staff just to store a .k5login file.

Thanks for the input