gss-server error

lizhong lizhong at ncic.ac.cn
Mon Aug 21 05:00:03 EDT 2006

I'm trying to test with gss-client and gss-server but am unsuccessful in
getting it to work.

I have setup a MIT Realm called test.com and added a client named test/admin at test.com.
I am able to kinit and get a ticket from the KDC.

[root at gcnode029 gss-sample]# kinit
Password for test/admin at test.com:
kinit(v5): Password incorrect while getting initial credentials
[root at gcnode029 gss-sample]# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: test/admin at test.com

08/21/06 15:45:15  08/22/06 15:45:15  krbtgt/test.com at test.com

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached
[root at gcnode029 gss-sample]#

But if I run "gss-server -port 8888 -verbose -once test/admin at test.com", I met the following error:

[root at gcnode029 gss-sample]# ./gss-server -port 8888 -verbose -once test/admin at test.com
GSS-API error acquiring credentials: An invalid name was supplied
GSS-API error acquiring credentials: Hostname cannot be canonicalized

I guess I used the service name in an improper way. So what service name should I use? Thank you for any help!