can't build 1.5 with --enable-static

Dennis Davis D.H.Davis at bath.ac.uk
Wed Aug 16 07:49:59 EDT 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Andreas Hasenack wrote:

> From: Andreas Hasenack <ahasenack at terra.com.br>
> To: kerberos at mit.edu
> Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 07:24:58 -0300
> Subject: Re: can't build 1.5 with --enable-static
>
> On Tuesday 15 August 2006 23:34, Tom Yu wrote:

> > Is this with --disable-shared?  We don't currently support building
> > with exclusively static libraries.
>
> No, I have shared enabled too. This is the configure line:
>
> ./configure --enable-shared \
>             --enable-static \

I too see this when using both --enable-shared and --enable-static.
However it seems to be Operating System and/or platform dependent.
Of the three systems I've built krb5-1.5 on, it happens on:

(1) OpenBSD3.9, i386 platform.
(2) SunOS5.10, i386 platform.

but it *doesn't* happen on:

(3) SunOS5.8, sparc platform.

They're all using versions of gcc, perl5 of some description and the
OS-native version of make.  But, as usual, I haven't a clue why two
should give this problem and one doesn't.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis at bath.ac.uk               Phone: +44 1225 386101