trying to delete from osx

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 15 15:41:22 EDT 2006

On Aug 14, 2006, at 11:59 PM, paul paluskas wrote:

> I have Kerberos  pop up box asking to be installed and needs a pass
> word. I have no use of this program but am unable to delete the files
> or stop the box from coming up.
> Can you help ?

Kerberos for Macintosh ships with Mac OS X.  As a result there is no
installation software for it.

What you are most likely referring to is the Authenticate to Kerberos
dialog.  This dialog appears when an application attempts to use
Kerberos to authenticate to a server.  If you do not want to use
Kerberos, you need to figure out which application is attempting to
use Kerberos and modify its preferences to use another authentication
method.

Under Mac OS X 10.4.x (Tiger), the Authenticate to Kerberos dialog
tells you the name of the application which requested Kerberos
credentials.  Under Panther you will need to experiment and figure
out which application is running when the dialog appears.  While the
dialog is up the application that requested it will be blocked and
will have the spinning rainbow cursor so you can wait until it
happens and then look at your running applications.

--lxs

Alexandra Ellwood <lxs at mit.edu>
MIT Kerberos Development Team
<http://mit.edu/lxs/www>