Openssh, kerberos and Solaris 10

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Wed Aug 9 10:52:51 EDT 2006

Markus Moeller wrote:

> There shouldn't be the need of compiling openssh with Kerberos as the
> Solaris 10 version supports GSSAPI authentication.

Yes and no. Until you want to store the delegated credential or do a
krb5_userok test.

With OpenSSH-4.1 at least ssh_gssapi_krb5_storecreds and
ssh_gssapi_krb5_userok make krb5 API calls as gss never had a simple
authz function or a way to save the delegated creds.

Solaris 10's sshd uses PAM, to do these. OpenSSH should look at that
approach too, then it would not need Kerberos specific code either.