Openssh, kerberos and Solaris 10

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Tue Aug 8 19:49:14 EDT 2006

Hi all-

I'm not sure this is the correct place to post about this but I'm
getting no response over an OpenSSH.org, if there is a more appropriate
place to post please let me know...  And the people at Sun scream at me
for even considering openssh when they supply their own version of SSH
which I'm not extremely fond of.

Basically I'd like to compile OpenSSH with Kerberos support on Solaris
10.  Solaris 10 comes with SEAM, Sun's port of MIT Kerberos.  SEAM works
great, no problem there.  My problem is:  Does anyone know how to
compile openssh on Solaris with native SEAM kerberos support?  There is
a --with-kerberos=/dir compile time option with openssh but Sun doesn't
seem the have a single "directory" that they keep their kerberos
libraries in...  Not even sure they have GSSAPI at all, maybe just GSS?
  Does anyone have any hints on this, or has anyone ever done it?  Or
maybe a better place to post?

ciao, erich