Question about Installing KDC Server

Vaughn Cable vcable at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 1 15:15:47 EDT 2006

I'm trying to set up my multi-cpu desktop as a standalone cluster.  I'm
running RH-ELsmp.  I've installed the KDC server package & everything
went well, including modifying the .conf files for "localhost," creating
the database, setting up 1st principal, & starting the krb5kdc, kadmin &
krb524 services, but then kinit gives the error message:

[root at star-geezer log]# kinit
kinit(v5): Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm while getting
initial credentials
[root at star-geezer log]#

Is there something wrong with using localhost & LOCALHOST as my domain &
realm?

  -- Vaughn