.k5login and non-kerberized ssh client

Ryan Boyd rbisd at rit.edu
Tue Apr 25 10:51:58 EDT 2006

"Russ Allbery" <rra at stanford.edu> writes:
> Note that weird things happen if two users listed in the .k5login file
both happen to have the same password

Thanks Russ!  This looks to be a solution to my problem.  Based on this
comment, I'm wondering if the PAM module goes through each user in the
k5login and tries the password entered?  It would be great to have a way
to specify the principal I'm logging in to and the principal I'm
authenticating as separately during the authentication process, thus
eliminating this problem. However, this may be more complicated than it
sounds :)

Thanks again,

-Ryan

---