Problem with the ktpass.exe with Windows 2003 Server

Tim Alsop Tim.Alsop at CyberSafe.Com
Mon Apr 17 11:54:42 EDT 2006

Andres,

No keytab file was created because the command 'Aborted'. Normally the file is created in the same directory where you ran the command from, or another directory if you specify something like -out c:\servidor.keytab

Anyway, did you create a user in your domain called root with a password = password ? If so, when you use -mapuser you need to specify -mapuser root at servidor.proyectodegrado.com

Also, make sure you are using the pre-SP1 version of ktpass, rather than the version which was upgraded when Win2k3 SP1 was shipped.

Thanks,
Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: kerberos-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:kerberos-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf Of Andrés Abadía
Sent: 17 April 2006 08:21
To: kerberos-owner at mit.edu; Kerberos at mit.edu
Subject: Problem with the ktpass.exe with Windows 2003 Server

Hello, i was trying to use the ktpass this way:

  ktpass -princ nssldap/servidor at PROYECTODEGRADO.COM -pass password -mapuser root -out servidor.keytab.

  and the prompt gave me this message:

  Targeting domain controller: servidor.proyectodegrado.com
  Using legacy password setting method
  Succesfully mapped nssldap/servidor to root
  Aborted

  but I can`t find the file servidor.keytab because i need this file to merge to the unix host.

  I need help with this, I don't know if the command ktpass did the process correctly and i don't know where is located the file.

  thanks for you attention.

  Andres Abadia

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com