Error while using kerberos

Ziangi Jones ziangij at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 08:59:52 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to use KTELNET application from windows XP machine (kerxp1) to a
Red Hat Linux server 4.0 machine (kerlnxsvr). Both XP machine & linux
machine are JOINED to the KERDOM.COM  domain. (i think that it should not
matter whether i use somebody's application or create my own. Errors might
be same for all.)

here's my /etc/krb5.conf file on kerlnxsvr:
[logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
 kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log
[libdefaults]
 default_realm = KERDOM.COM
 dns_lookup_realm = false
 dns_lookup_kdc = false

[realms]
 KERDOM.COM = {
  kdc = KERDOMGDC01.KERDOM.COM
  default_domain = KERDOM.COM
  admin_server = KERDOMGDC01.KERDOM.COM
 }

[domain_realm]
 .kerdom.com = KERDOM.COM
  kerdom.com = KERDOM.COM

[kdc]
 profile = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

[appdefaults]
 pam = {
 debug = false
   ticket_lifetime = 36000
   renew_lifetime = 36000
   forwardable = true
   krb4_convert = false }

---------

/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf file on kerlnxsvr:

[kdcdefaults]
 acl_file = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kadm5.acl
 dict_file = /usr/share/dict/words
 admin_keytab = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kadm5.keytab
 v4_mode = nopreauth
[realms]
 KERDOM.COM = {
  master_key_type = des-cbc-crc
  supported_enctypes = arcfour-hmac:normal arcfour-hmac:norealm
arcfour-hmac:onlyrealm des3-hmac-sha1:normal des-hmac-sha1:normal
des-cbc-md5:normal des-cbc-crc:normal des-cbc-crc:v4 des-cbc-crc:afs3 }

I created a user kerlnxsvr & tried to run KTPASS on the Domain controller
and generated a keytab file.

When i try to run KTELNET, i get an error " Server not found in kerberos
database", so i deleted the user - kerlnxsvr. (the computer account with the
same name still existed.

When i again try to run KTELNET, i get an error "Key table entry not found".
although i get the ticket host/kerlnxsvr.kerdom.com at KERDOM.COM.

I have already gone through the DNS host files, & there is no error in the
files.

Please help.

Thank you.