Kerberos interoperability w/ UNIX systems

Sasi G sasi9999 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 3 20:29:16 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am working on bringing a Unix service under AD.  To do this I need to map
a service
principal name (SPN) to an AD account.  The MS document specifies using a
user
account for this, and I have tested with this and it works.  However, I am
also
trying to use a computer account for this.  Everything seems to work except
the
ticket cannot be decrypted.  So I am curious if computer accounts can be
used
for this purpose.  It seems quite straightforward, but it just didn't work.

If anyone tried mapping the principal to a computer account for UNIX service
and got the client to authenticate to this service using kerberos, please
let me know.

Thanks,
Sasi