GSS_ACCEPT_SECURITY_CONTEXT

Balakrishnan, Sivakumar Sivakumar_Balakrishnan at adp.com
Tue Sep 27 13:09:15 EDT 2005

Thanks Jeff.. Sorry for the lack of details.

Here is what I am doing.

Runtime Environment:
	1. Linux Server Hosting KDC
	2. Windows 2003 server running IIS in a workgroup environment as
Application Server
	3. Windows XP as workstation running IE 6.0
	4. Workstation has been joined to Linux realm

In our Single Signon Solution,
1. The user will login to workstation (Kerberos realm on the linux)
2. Open IE and will invoke a page on the IIS
3. During the above process we like to authenticate the user using
Kerberos protocol

So I am implementing an ISAPI filter which will filter all the request
to the IIS.

Step by step Handshake and ISAPI FILTER functionality
1. Check the incoming request's authentication header
2. If not Negotiate(Kerberos) then reject (401) and request a Negotiate
authentication
3. Since IE is logged on the realm and the KDC have a service principal
for the http service on the application server, IE will send a page
request with Negotiate authentication header (this will contains SPNEGO
token, which is wrapper over AP-REQ in a base64 encoded format)  -- (IE
will set the GSS_C_MUTUAL Authentication flag (0x02)-- I have verified
that using the network sniffer ethereal)

4. Upon receving the valid SPNEGO token, ISAPI parse the token and
establish a security context by supplying the appropriate keytab and
server info.

5. After that I invoing gss_accept_security_context with appropriate
parameter and expected to get a return token with AP-REP.

6. But just got the GSS_S_COMPLETE with a output token that contains the
logged in user principal.

Thanks
Siva