GSS-API Help..

Wyllys Ingersoll wyllys.ingersoll at sun.com
Mon Sep 26 09:23:44 EDT 2005

Eitan wrote:

>  Hi , Is there any method to get the Kerberos ticket parameters such
>  as Flags, Authentication Time, Start time, End time act' by using
>  GSS-API?

Not really.  GSSAPI is a generic interface, it is not a Kerberos-specific
library.   Therefore it does not actually have any knowledge of the
details of a kerberos ticket.  All that GSSAPI sees is a generic
"credential"
data structure.

>  My Kerberized application works fine but all I can get via GSS-API is
>  the user name (gss_display_name()) and I want to get the rest of the
>  ticket encrypted information.

You would have to use Kerberos APIs to parse that specific
information from the ticket.

-Wyllys