Kerberized Login Window on OS X 10.4

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at MIT.EDU
Sat Sep 24 10:50:57 EDT 2005

On Sep 23, 2005, at 6:24 PM, Shane Liebling wrote:
> Has there been any news on how to get this working yet?  Or is
> everyone who needs it working still being advised to not upgrade to
> 10.4?

If you have updgraded to 10.4.2 or later you can now use the
Kerberized login window support.  However, Apple changed behavior of
the /etc/authorization file.  I believe you now want to replace

<string>authinternal</string>

with

<string>builtin:krb5authenticate,privileged</string>
or
<string>builtin:krb5authnoverify,privileged</string>

because the SecurityAgent no longer automatically runs mechanisms as
root.

Hope this helps,

--lxs

Alexandra Ellwood <lxs at mit.edu>