kadmin and other errors: "Master key does not match database while initializing ..."

Austin Godber godber at mars.asu.edu
Wed Sep 21 19:43:40 EDT 2005

My Kadmin daemon will no longer start.  It gives me:

[root at kdc3 root]# /etc/init.d/kadmin start
Starting Kerberos 5 Admin Server: kadmind: Master key does not match
database while initializing, aborting

I get a similar error when I do "krb5_util dump file.dump".

 From the Kerberos FAQ it sounds like a problem with my kerberos
database but I didn't find any references on how to fix it.  Can someone
point me in the right direction?

This is Fedora Core 1.  Let me know what other relevant information
might provide useful.

Thanks

Austin