AS_REP question

NetSteady cmhutch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 10:07:03 EDT 2005

I'm continuing work on our NeXauth Product (http://www.nexauth.com) and
I'm having a problem duplicating the Kerberos process.

In reading the RFC's it seems as though the encrypted data in the
packet should be able to be decrypted if we have the proper password.
However, the encrypted data changes with every attempt we send, and we
can't figure out which variable is changing.

Is the timestamp somehow used in the encryption of the packet data (not
the Ticket)? Is there a variable we're missing here?

We're very close to being able to move our product to the next level,
and we're having a problem decrypting the enc-data part of the packet.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Respectfully,
Chris