kerberos with kdap

Rowan Woodhouse rowan at decaelo.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 13:06:12 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to get Kerberos authentication work with LDAP and have come
up against a bit of a personal brick wall... Both the client and server
systems are Debian 3.1 (Sarge) with the debian kerberos and ldap
packages installed.

Kerberos auth works fine for local users (ie I can ssh in with a
kerberos ticket) but if I try the same with a ldap user then it fails.
If I su to the ldap defined user I get "su: Authentication service
cannot retrieve authentication info". The strange thing is that if I
finger the ldap user I get the normal information back and they are also
listed when I do a getent passwd.

Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Rowan