Kerberos support in Thunderbird

Jim Alexander jalex at cis.upenn.edu
Mon Sep 12 18:43:42 EDT 2005

I meant to also add that I think it is generally considered bad form to
silently fall back to a weaker security mechanism when a stronger on
fails. I want to be able to configure my mail client to use GSSAPI,
and if it fails, I want to be told that it failed, not fall back
and perhaps successfully authenticate using CRAM-MD5, leaving me without
a clue that my chosen auth method is not working.

As a side note, should we be opening new bugs in bugzilla for this, or
maybe reopen bug 303160? Or is hashing it out here completely sufficient
for now?

--

________ Jim Alexander __________________ jalex at cis.upenn.edu ________________
I have yet to see a problem, however complicated, which, when you looked at it