Kerberos support in Thunderbird

Jim Alexander jalex at cis.upenn.edu
Sun Sep 11 13:05:01 EDT 2005

In article <4322B523.4010102 at sxw.org.uk>,
Simon Wilkinson <simon at sxw.org.uk> wrote:
]The Thunderbird beta (1.5b1) that was released yesterday contains new
]support for Kerberos/GSSAPI authentication against POP3, IMAP and SMTP
]servers.
]
]It would be really good to get some test coverage against different
]servers, and in different environments. I originally wrote and tested
]the code against the U-W IMAP server - it's also been tested against
]various servers using Cyrus SASL for their GSSAPI support.
]
]The beta can be downloaded from
]http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html

I'd love to try this out, but I cannot find information on how to
make GSSAPI the default auth for IMAP and SMTP. There's nothing in
the GUI, nor anything obvious in about:config. I assume there's a
hidden pref, but googling and searching the relevant bugs in bugzilla
for it has come up empty. Is this documented anywhere?

(As a side note, it seems pretty odd to trumpet "Kerberos Authentication"
as one of big new features of 1.5 when there's no obvious way of activating
it!)

--

________ Jim Alexander __________________ jalex at cis.upenn.edu ________________
I have yet to see a problem, however complicated, which, when you looked at it