Kerberos Installation Problem

priyesh Jaiswal priyesh.jaiswal at oracle.com
Fri Sep 9 02:43:59 EDT 2005

Hi ,

I need to install kerberos Server for security testing .
I have downloaded the open source Kerberos server available at
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/dist/index.html .
(krb5-1.4.2-signed.tar) for linux platform.

Since this is the source code . I need to compile it and generate
platform specific binaries .
for building I did

cd  $KRB_HOME/src/
./configure
make

The make here fails with the  tcl_ovsec_kadm.c:1996: warning: implicit
declaration of function `Tcl_CreateCommand'
make[3]: *** [tcl_ovsec_kadm.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/prjaiswa/krb5-1.4.2/src/kadmin/testing/util'
make[2]: *** [all-recurse] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/prjaiswa/krb5-1.4.2/src/kadmin/testing'
make[1]: *** [all-recurse] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/prjaiswa/krb5-1.4.2/src/kadmin'
make: *** [all-recurse] Error 1

My whole objective is to install the kerberos server and get the ticket
from it . For getting the ticket I have a client
program called LEASH ( available at the same site ). which I have
installed on my windows Box in domain
idc.oracle.com .The server is being installed in domain .us.oracle.com .

The documentation I referenced is
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/krb5-1.4/#documentation
Your help will be highly obliged .

regards