Tickets get flushed when Windows Xp locked?

mathieu.bouffard mathieu.bouffard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:32:18 EDT 2005

Hi, I have some problems with some compiling jobs runing while Windows
Xp is locked, and I noticed that when you lock and unlock a session,
all the kerberos TGT and service tickets get deleted and recreated.
This seems to only happens under Windows Xp (new security features
maybe), but this is really annoying cause ive got some network loss
only when computer is locked. So id like to know if someone know when
those tickets are flushed? on the lock, or the unlock?

I have another question, can anyone tell the definition of a
"connection". Kerberos tickets only purpose is to create connection
with network services, you dont need them to maintain the connection,
but when does the connection stop? after a short time of inactivity?
Does a network share (net use) never loss the connection until you
unmapped it?

If the connection is loss while the computer locked, and i dont have
any Kerberos tickets anymore, im kinda screwed, can anyone confirm what
am saying?

Thanks