Fedora Core/ W2K3 krbtgt expiration date issue

laker_netman@yahoo.com laker_netman at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 15:51:16 EST 2005

Working through this howto:
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/~wskwok/poptop_ads_howto_1.htm
I have been able to configure my FC4 box to receive a TGT from my W2K3
ADS.  There is, however, an issue.  The expiration date for the ticket
is coming back as 12/31/69 18:00:00 when I do a klist.  After looking
at everything, it is my belief that a) the FC4 krb implementation is
not correctly processing the expiry date returned by the W2K3 box, b)
the W2K3 box is not sending the expiry date in the anticipated format
or c) there is a configuration error that I have not yet discovered.
I have cleared (rm'd) the KRB cache file and had a ticket re-issued
with the same result.  Also, I confirmed on the W2K3 box, via ksetup,
that the TGT ticket expiry is correct on the server.
I googled up one posting from this spring where an individual reported
the same issue, but the only responder indicated he had a similar or
same set up and no issue.  FWIW, the W2K3 box is SP1 + patches and the
FC4 is current + Samba 3.0.20b per the above mentioned tutorial.

Suggestions?

TIA.

Laker