javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Pre-authentication information was invalid (24)

Carlos Zottmann carlos.zottmann at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:39:17 EDT 2005

Hi!!

I am new to the list, so, first of all, hello everbody!!

We are facing a weird problem here ... We are using authentication in
our java web pages, running in Tomcat 5.0.28, through the
"com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule", against a MS Active
Directory database.

Everything works fine, except when the passwords are 10 or 11
characters long. In these cases, we get the error below in the
"catalina.out" log file:

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Pre-authentication
information was invalid (24)

Have anyone run into this problem before? How could we trace it?

Best regards,
Carlos.