question on keytabs

Goldrick, Jim jgoldrick at judsoncollege.edu
Wed Oct 12 09:35:33 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I am working to modify a SSO app called Cosign.  I want it to try to authenticate to multiple realms.  I actually have it doing that now.  However, someone has brought up a good question.  Right now, I only have an Active Directory realm and a Unix realm.  However, if I want to add more Unix realms, how do I transfer the keytab.cosign to other KDC's.   I am thinking that a kdb5_util load update would bring it into a different kdc.  How can I dump the single principal from the original KDC?  Or is my thinking all wrong here?

Thanks much!

jim