kerberos v5 clients (telnet rsh ..) taking OpenAFS-2.x tokens ?

ph rhole oper slitbit at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 5 11:45:47 EDT 2005

I've got a working installation of kerberos v5 (1.4.1) and OpenAFS-2.3.x
Running aklog seperately after having kinit-ed runs perfectly, and i've
got xdm from krb5-afs migration kit working
perfectly.I haven't applied any patches from krb5-afs migration kit
whatsoever, i've only used the xdm part.
I need to make all the standard kerberized client/daemon utilities
(telnet, rsh ...) to get afs tokens for the user.
Searching inside the config files, i found out that setting
[login]
 krb_run_aklog = true
will make any login attemps acquire afs tokens, but it only seems to
work with kerberos v4 code and tickets.
What is the standard way of integrating afs tokens into the standard
kerberized applications?
Is the afs-krb5 migration kit an obsolete option, or is it still in the
game?

                          or over the web