failed to authenticate using mod_auth_kerb for Apache

Siarhei Baidun siarheibaidun at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 06:30:15 EDT 2005

Hi again guys,
 It is mightmare ... I'm now experiencing another problem - with creating
the principal for my web server and mapping it to the domain account.
 When I try to execute the following command:
 ktpass -princ HTTP/gvepl100.internal.epo.org at INTERNAL.EPO.ORG -mapuser
PHXTEST -crypto DES-CBC-MD5 -pass blabla password -out
c:\temp\gvepl100keytab
 I'm getting the following error:

Failed to set property "servicePrincipalName" to
"HTTP/gvepl100.internal.epo.org" on Dn "CN=PHXTEST - Phoenix Service
Account,OU=G

V Users,OU=GV,OU=EPO,DC=internal,DC=epo,DC=org": 0x32.

WARNING: Unable to set SPN mapping data.

If PHXTEST already has an SPN mapping installed for
HTTP/gvepl100.internal.epo.org, this is no cause for concern.
May be you guys have a clue what is it.
I would be really appreciated for any help because I'm already exhausted
with all this crap.
--
Many thanks,
Siarhei Baidun